5/31/07

Arkon CM629 Universal Pda Vent Mount Review



















Read this review below about Arkon CM629 Universal Pda Vent Mount from an amazon customer and I hope this review helpful for you :


I have a vent mounted holder for an older iPAQ that has worked flawlessly for five years.

I bought a new iPAQ for my wife along with a Gomadic holder. I spent 20 minutes trying to install it (I can install and remove my old one in seconds). As an engineer and being mechanically inclined, I felt this design was flawed. After I finally had it in place and made a final tweak to adjust its position, one of the spring loaded clips fell apart into the vent duct. Of course Gomadic didn't supply extra clips, so I contacted them for more. They sent me two new clips and wished me luck, but recommended I buy their gooseneck mount with a suction cup for the windshield (if I had wanted a windshield mount, I would have bought one). As you might imagine, the new clips didn't work either. Both springloaded clips ended up flying apart into the vent.

Rather than waste any more time with Gomadic, I purchased an ARKON CM629. It took me less than a minute to assemble and install, and I couldn't be happier. Aesthetically, I think the ARKON is nicer as well.
By Holdfast "glenmac" (Long Beach, CA USA)

No comments: